Sunday, January 8, 2012

Since August 2010

Today is January 8, 2012, my last posting was August 23,2010. I just ran out of things to say I guess. And then 2011 happened and just kept happening. Before I knew it 2011 was gone and we welcomed 2012. What did I learn in 2011?

My husband went back to work in late 2010 but has kept his pace under control so we would not suffer burn out again.

Andrew and Ellwyn became engaged in Nov. 2010 and had a beautiful ceremony in Athens, GA October 21, 2011.

Aaron and Susan moved to Edmund, OK in Febuary 2011. Both of them accepted very good job offers and they are now living close to Susan's parents.

Alex and Lauren became engaged in late January 2011 and had a very fun and happy wedding celebration September 24, 2011 in Lauren's home town, Dallas.

Amy took a teacher's aide position at Trinity mostly so Berkley and Major could go to school there, after six weeks she realized her priorities have changed and she wants nothing more than to be a wife and mother. She is a very happy stay-at-home Mom and is thankful for the privilege.

Charlie received a very good job offer from Baker Hughes right before Christmas. It became apparant Christmas Eve that they will be moving to Corpus Christi in early 2012.

Adrian went back to live with his Mom December 1, 2011. He lived with us for ten years but at 16 years of age he was ready to go back. He and Mary Kaye are doing fine and it's as it should be.

Mike's Aunt Marlene, his mother's identical twin went to be with the Lord
December 29, 2011. With both his mother and her sister gone it's the end of an era for him.

So now 2012 . . . Where do we go from here?

Andrew and Ellwyn are moving from Dallas to Denver, Colorado this next week. They're excited and I'm happy for them. Andrew has accepted a very good job offer that will advance his career.

Charlie will be starting his job in Corpus January 22. Amy will follow with Berkley and Major about a month later.

I'm a total blank slate and feeling rather lost.

What did I learn in 2011? I'm still trying to figure that out. I hope I'm learning to enjoy every moment because things can change very quickly. I'm learning that we actually have very little control. No matter what happens however, I am confident that the Lord has our best interest at heart and nothing can divert us from His plan for each and every one of us.

No comments:

Search This Blog