Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Mother's Day


Andrew and Ellwyn sent me this card for Mother's Day. On the inside it says "Only the Strong Survive!" Then he wrote, "I imagine you felt like this once or twice!! Haha"

The sad thing is, it's probably what he remembers.

Andrew had just turned three when Alex was born, Aaron was five and Amy was seven. I was overwhelmed. I love my children, love them all, love them all the same. And I did my best. I am settled with the fact I did not and do not have a career along with motherhood and homemaking. I always looked at those who do however and thought, "What's wrong with me?" I understand now it was a privilege and a blessing to be at home and raise my children.

Now that I have two precious grandbabies I realize that as much as I love being a mother I should have been a grandmother first. All those things I thought were so important as a mother are not important at all. That's the catch-22.

I love my husband and my home. I love my children. I love my grandchildren. They are the love and joy of my life. This is the love and joy of my life, my husband, our home, my children, my grandchildren. It's a little bit of heaven.

No comments:

Search This Blog