Monday, November 9, 2009

I Did It!




Well, I did it! I made Dairy-Free, Sugar-Free Banana Pudding and it is delicious! You see, I love banana pudding and even though Banana Pudding is not a traditional holiday desert I always think of it as something special to have for the holidays. Ususally it's Easter but for some reason I am wanting it this year as we're planning for Thanksgiving. Maybe it's because I haven't had it in about 10 years! Here's to success!

Dairy-Free, Sugar-Free Vanilla Pudding

2 1/2 c. unsweetened plain almond milk
4 large egg yolks
1/3 c. light agave
1/4 t. salt
1/4 c. cornstarch
1 T. vanilla extract

1. In a small dish, stir together cornstarch and 3-4 T. almond milk until well blended.
2. In a small saucepan, whisk together remaining almond milk, egg yolks, agave and salt.
3. Add dissolved cornstarch mixture to almond milk mixture in saucepan and stir.
4. Keep stirring over medium to low heat until mixture thickens and begins to boil.
5. Turn heat to low and continue stirring and cooking for about 1 minute more.
6. Remove from stove and pour into a heatproof dish. Add vanilla extract.
7. Place plastic wrap directly on the surface of the pudding and chill for at least 2 hours.
8. Serve with sliced bananas and whipped topping. Enjoy!

This post is linked to Amy Green's Simply Sugar and Gluten Free

2 comments:

Iris said...

Hmm...I have all of these ingredients at home already. Maybe I'll try it!

Amy Green said...

I have been thinking about making pudding for so long and just haven't done it. This looks delicious, and dairy free too! Thanks for sharing this at Slightly Indulgent Mondays!

Search This Blog

Loading...