Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Just Can't Do It

Why is it that men think eating a meal is synonymous with watching TV? And maybe it's not just men and maybe it comes from the single days and just wanting a little noise in the house. But if I've put my heart and soul into preparing a meal and I don't do it every day the last thing I want to do is share it with my husband while he's glued to the TV. Oh, granted he does put it on mute to say the blessing most of the time. But then who cares what we eat if it's only an interruption to TV time. I've tried every which way to adjust to this but I am just unable to. That's one of the reasons why I like eating out so much. Rosa's anyone? Still Blessed.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Hmmm...I am SO thankful that we NEVER had the tv on while eating or "just because." There are so many more things to life than sitting watching nonsense on tv. Although it does seem that many men create this habit during their single days, I too had those days and hardly ever even turned my tv on. Too many other things to do. I often have wondered, is it the same people that ALWAYS want their radio on? I see a connection! If it was up to me, we would be pretty close to not even having one! But, then there would be no late night unwinding with HGTV, dreaming of all of the international places to visit! Could we just order a few shows?

Pleasant Drive said...

I agree with both of you. Sadly, we mostly eat in front of the TV, unless we have company. But, I could go without one, too. I love silence. When I'm home by myself during the day, I never even turn the thing on.

SG said...

I don't think there is anything wrong with it as long as you both agree with that. I've gotten used to it and really don't mind most of the time. I am wondering if it's also a man/woman thing. Men just want to eat because they're hungry, woman wants to eat and socialize.

Search This Blog